Increased racing opportunities and a home for life is what awaits greyhounds that find new owners at Greyhound Racing Victoria’s upcoming 2016 Ready 2 Race Sales (R2R).
The R2R Sales will be held at the Bendigo Greyhound Racing Association’s Lord’s Raceway, and is a platform for people to become an owner of young greyhounds that have raced twice in half field trials.
Greyhounds sold at the R2R sales have either, or are about to, begin their career on the race track, providing an opportunity for owners to enjoy all the thrills and excitement of owning a racing greyhound straight away.
The 2016 Ready 2 Race Sales is open to greyhounds bred in Victoria between 1st July 2014 – 31st June 2015.
2016 READY 2 RACE CATALOGUE: CLICK HERE
Benefits of purchasing at the 2016 Ready 2 Race Sales:
• More than $43 million in prize money is distributed throughout Victorian greyhound racing each year, including more than $900,000 across races limited to Victorian-bred greyhounds.
• Your greyhound will be eligible to compete in a second weekly meeting at Healesville, restricted only to Victorian-bred greyhounds.
• Greyhounds purchased at the 2016 Ready 2 Race Sales are eligible to compete in the $18,000 Ready 2 Race Final at Sandown Park (515m), open to the top eight prize money earners and to be held during the Melbourne Cup Carnival in November 2017.
• The top eight prize money earners are also eligible to compete in the $7,250 Mid-Year Ready 2 Race Special Event (425m) to be held during the Bendigo Cup Carnival in July 2017.
• You can experience the thrill of racing your greyhound with a view to re-homing at the completion of its racing career, ideally into your home or that of a friend or relative.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GRV’S 2016 READY 2 RACE SALES: CLICK HERE
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here