GREYHOUND RACING VICTORIA
Greyhound Racing Victoria (“GRV”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals’ personal information. This policy refers to the use and management of personal and health information collected by Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV).
Personal and health information held by GRV is managed in accordance with the privacy principles contained in the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001 and as required by other legislative provisions.
“Personal information is recorded information about a living identifiable or easily identifiable individual (including work related information and images).
GRV is the body responsible for promoting and controlling the sport of greyhound racing in Victoria. In undertaking this role, GRV will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances, but will always relate to the administration or operation of greyhound racing in or related to Victoria.
Information Disclosure, Retention and Security
GRV will not disclose personal information of an individual to third parties except:
• where third parties appointed by GRV require access to personal information held by GRV o perform services (in which case GRV requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential in accordance with legal requirements and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
• where GRV is required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement agencies; or
• with the individual’s consent.
GRV will take all reasonable steps to:
• protect all personal information held by it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
• to ensure that personal and heath information held is accurate, complete and up-to-date. archived in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973, which determines when it is appropriate to retain or dispose of personal or health information.
Access to Information
Any person may seek access to personal information which GRV holds about that person and GRV will provide access to that information in accordance with the Acts. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information. GRV may charge an administration fee for granting access to information.
If you have any questions or concerns about GRV’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information, contact GRV on 8329 1100.