On 9 June, 2021 the Victorian State Government announced further changes to Covid-19 restrictions in Victoria, in both Melbourne metro and regional areas.
Accordingly, GRV will adopt the following protocols, effective from Friday 11 June, 2021, for ALL Victorian greyhound race meetings, until further notice:
- Essential persons only will be allowed on course at ALL Victorian greyhound race meetings.
- Health screening / pre-entry temperature testing will remain
- QR code sign in remains mandatory
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres
The wearing of face masks will now be MANDATORY in the following circumstances:
- At all times when inside a building, including the kennel block, Vet’s room and Steward’s room,
- Whilst loading a greyhound into the starting boxes, and
- Whilst performing any role in the catching pen, including catching greyhounds.
Where there is an inability to maintain a minimum of 1.5 metre social distancing in other settings, masks MUST also be worn.
DHHS information in relation to State Government Covid-19 restrictions, from Friday 11 June 2021 can be found HERE
GRV encourages participants to closely monitor the latest Government advice, including getting vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as is practical, noting that Victorians aged 40+ have been eligible to receive the vaccination since Friday, 28 May.
Stay Safe, Stay Aware, Stay Racing
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here