A plethora of straight track specialists will compete today in six heats of the Group 3 Healesville Cup over 350 metres. It will be ‘straight line fever’ at its finest!
Just for the record, here’s what’s on the sprinting smorgasbord:
- 48 greyhounds, with an aggregate of 623 wins
- Group 1 winner – Dyna Patty
- Healesville track record holder – Peter Galo (18.65sec)
- Waterloo Cup winner – Aston Bintang (youngest greyhound in heats)
- Last year’s winner – Kouta Mayhem (oldest greyhound in heats)
- Total prizemoney – $2,373,735
With all that to digest, The Watchdog has been as busy as a bee analysing the form.
And in Heat 6 he has not only selected former Healesville track record holder Eye Got It (Race 8, Box 6), but also predicted he can recapture his old mark.
Prepared at Cranbourne by Andrew Paraskevas, Eye Got It has an amazing race record at Healesville – 16 wins, two seconds and one third from 20 starts. His overall race record reads 35 starts for 27 wins, three seconds and two thirds.
However, Eye Got It is not just a ‘one-trick pony’. Earlier this year, he contested the Group 2 Warrnambool Cup (450m), on a ‘circle’ track, which was won by Dyna Patty.
Ironically, Dyna Patty (box one), who is having her first start at Healesville, lines up against Eye Got It.
Check out the then 18.69sec track record performance of Eye Got It at Healesville in December last year: