Andrea Dailly is the 2020-21 Victorian Metropolitan Trainer of the Year.
Securing this gong has become somewhat of an ‘annual ritual’ for Dailly as it’s her fourth in succession as training representative for “Team Dailly”.
Based at Anakie, Dailly topped the metro leader-board with another stellar racing season.
From a total of 1109 metropolitan runners, she notched 175 wins (15.77%), 161 seconds (14.51%) and 155 thirds (13.97%).
Another Anakie trainer, Jeff Britton, was runner-up (438 runners, 82 wins) and Balliang’s Mark Delbridge third (341 runners, 60 wins).
“We are proud to win another Metro Trainers Premiership,” Dailly’s daughter, Korie Heinrich, said.
“We can’t put it down to one or even two people who make our kennels tick. We have a group that puts the hard yards in day and night to make sure our dogs have the success they do.”
In a year of many highlights, Heinrich named Qwara Bale as a standout.
“I have really enjoyed watching Qwara Bale grow. Her (G2) Warrnambool Cup win really put her confidence sky high for such a young and inexperienced dog at the time.”
“One of the sad days came when Shima Shine retired. I loved taking him to the track and watching him put in 100 per cent week in week out,” Heinrich added.
“We had such a great bond, and I am so glad he is staying with us for his stud career, and I look forward to his attitude coming through in his pups.
“We would like to thank everyone who is a part of ‘Team Dailly’ and look forward to what is to come.”
Dailly’s season of excellence was highlighted by retired superstar Shima Shine (Nov ’17 Barcia Bale x Shima Song) and new Australian sprint queen Qwara Bale (Apr ’19 Allen Deed x Daithy Allen), who successfully commenced her career on New Year’s Day.
1st – ANDREA DAILLY – 175 winners
2nd – JEFF BRITTON – 82 winners
3rd – MARK DELBRIDGE – 60 winners
She had a host of metropolitan stars contributing to her sensational racing season – including the following Group race finalists in Victoria:
- Shima Shine – Won: G1 Topgun; G2 Horsham Cup; Finalist: G1 Melbourne Cup; G1 Temlee; G1 Harrison-Dawson; G2 Bendigo Cup (3rd); G2 Warragul Cup (3rd); G2 Warrnambool Cup (3rd); G3 Shootout (2nd)
- Qwara Bale – Won: G1 Sapphire Crown; G2 Warrnambool Cup
- Jax Bale – Won: G2 Cranbourne Cup; Finalist: G2 Horsham Cup (2nd); G2 Warrnambool Cup
- Sunset Bourbski – Won: G3 Speed Star; Finalist: G1 Fanta Bale Super Stayers (3rd); G1 Zoom Top (3rd); G1 Topgun Stayers; G1 Bold Trease; G3 Fireball (2nd)
- Shima Classic – Finalist: G1 Sapphire Crown (3rd); G1 Australian Cup; G2 Ballarat Cup
- Fabriola Zad – Finalist: G1 Hume Cup; G2 Cranbourne Cup; G2 Horsham Cup
- Faithy Bale – Finalist: G1 Temlee; G3 Silver Bullet; G3 Cup Night Sprint
- Rockstar Beav – Finalist: G1 Topgun Stayers; G3 Fireball (3rd
- Malayah Bale – Finalist: G1 Hume Cup
- Aston Cade – Finalist: G2 Horsham Cup
Meanwhile, Shima Shine also established track records at Warragul 460m (25.187sec) – January 8, 2021 and Horsham 485m (26.793sec) – February 26, 2021.
The Victorian Metropolitan Trainer’s Premiership is awarded to the Victorian registered trainer who trained the highest number of winners of full metropolitan stake money races, conducted at Victorian metropolitan tracks, during the racing year (July 1 to June 30).
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here