Temperatures are predicted to soar over the weekend, especially in the northern parts of the state.
On hot days, please ensure your greyhounds:
- have ready access to lots of cool drinking water in non-spillable containers;
- have access to shade at all times when outside;
- exercise only in the cooler parts of the day;
- have good air flow through kennel buildings and/or well insulated buildings;
- only transport in air-conditioned vehicles ensuring internal temperature remains below 300C
- and monitor your greyhounds regularly.
For more information, visit https://greyhoundcare.grv.org.au/hot-weather/#GreyhoundsAndHotWeather
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here