Considering the current situation surrounding canine gastroenteritis in our kennels at GAP, and COVID-19, the decision has been made to cease pre-entry assessments until further notice.
This decision has not been taken lightly and GRV and GAP are doing everything possible to have GAP in a position to be back up and running as normal as soon as possible.
We appreciate this will have considerable impact on participants and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, but for the safety of our industry we feel this is the best possible course of action.
Given these changes, the process around pre-entry assessment will be as follows:
- Every greyhound that is currently booked in for an assessment will be moved onto the GAP waiting list.
- The waiting list will be rescheduled in the order of the date of the original booking (not the assessment date) so no one will lose their place in line.
- Participants will still have the ability to book additional greyhounds to a pre-entry assessments and these bookings will also be added to the list in booking date order.
- GAP will monitor the current situation weekly and, as soon as possible and safe, we will re-introduce pre-entry assessment sessions around the state.
- As soon as these sessions are reintroduced, greyhounds on the waiting list will be allocated a spot at one of these sessions.
Please understand that the cancellation of GAP pre-entry assessments is not a decision GRV has made lightly and we will continue to monitor and work with participants. We ask for your patience during what is a very challenging time for our community and urge everyone to take all appropriate precautions and keep yourself, your families, and your greyhounds safe and well.