The final show from the first season of greyhound racing’s new TV series Thrill Of The Chase was aired on 7Mate today.
Episode 5 included several crosses to the fun being had at today’s Greyhound Community Day at The Meadows, where 21 greyhounds were available for adoption.
Other highlights of today’s show included:
- A break down of all the action from Friday’s TAB Melbourne Cup night.
- Retiring Sandown GRC CEO Greg Miller dropped into the studio.
- James Van de Maat revealed which rising star reminds him of all-time great Fernando Bale.
- Minister for Racing, the Hon. Martin Pakula announced some important funding around the new Code of Practice.
- A special feature on the Cockerell family
- The dedicated family who own exciting greyhound Molly Coaster took a seat in Molly’s Lounge
GRV Chair Peita Duncan, still walking on air after her “boyfriend” Tornado Tears won Friday night’s Group 1 Bold Trease, was among many in attendance at the Community Day.
“It was an unbelievable night of racing on Friday at Sandown and we’ve rolled straight into today’s Community Day at The Meadows,” Ms Duncan said.
“These days are so important because it’s a way for us to thank people for bringing these beautiful greyhounds into their lives.”
“People that adopt of foster a greyhound become a part of our greyhound family.”
Peita also thanked everyone involved in season one of Thrill Of The Chase.
The Community Day included dog-related market stalls, free dog washes and food trucks as greyhound fans gathered to celebrate the adorable breed.
WATCH: Thrill of the Chase – Episode 5.
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here