New double lure arms will be operational at all Victorian tracks except Geelong by the end of November.
Start dates for remaining clubs to transition to the double lure are as follows:
- Ballarat – Wednesday, 13 November
- Healesville – Friday, 15 November
- Sale – Friday, 15 November
- Shepparton – Monday, 18 November
- Horsham – Tuesday, 19 November
- Warrnambool – Thursday, 21 November
The move to the two-arm lure followed a recommendation from the University of Technology Sydney combined with industry feedback that the double lure arm version trialled at The Meadows, Bendigo and Cranbourne had greyhounds more engaged throughout their races.
The transition to the two-lure arm began at Sandown and Warragul on October 3.
GRV and the Geelong Greyhound Racing Club are currently looking at options for Geelong, which is unique in that it uses a finish-on lure.