Are you familiar with GRV’s Hot Weather Policy? Greyhound racing or trialling cannot be conducted in Victoria if the temperature exceeds 38 degrees. For the most up-to-date news regarding hot weather and Victorian greyhound racing visit fasttrack.grv.org.au.
– Sandown Monday 29 January (Night) – Meeting has been marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to a forecast temperature of 35 degrees.
– Traralgon Monday 29 January (Twilight) – Meeting has been marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to a forecast temperature of 37 degrees. This meeting has also been postponed by six races, with Race 1 now scheduled for 5:00pm.
– Ballarat Monday 29 January (Day) – Meeting has been marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to a forecast temperature of 33 degrees.
– Healesville Monday 29 January (Day) – Meeting has been marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to a forecast temperature of 36 degrees.
– Shepparton Monday 29 January (Morning) – Meeting has been transferred from the ‘Night’ to ‘Morning’ timeslot. This meeting has also been marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to a forecast temperature of 38 degrees.
In circumstances where meetings are marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’:
1. Trainers can withdraw any of their greyhounds without penalty prior to the appointed scratching time.
2. The use of barking muzzles are prohibited for both travel and kennelling.
3. Kennels will open 30 minutes earlier than normal.
4. Kennel temperatures to be monitored and recorded.
5. Cooling vests will be available at the catching pen
The safety and welfare of greyhounds is of paramount concern for GRV in assessing whether a race meeting or individual races on a program should proceed, be delayed or abandoned in hot weather conditions.
Decisions to transfer or cancel meetings are made after careful consideration and consultation with the weather bureau and also take into account the predicted temperature for travel times to and from the venue as well as at the track.
For detailed weather information please use the following link: http://www.bom.gov.au/places/vic and enter the track location, then selecting the “Detailed 3-Hourly Forecast” option on the right hand side of the page.
Click HERE to read GRV’s Hot Weather Policy.
Click HERE to read GRV’s Transportation of Greyhounds Policy.
Click HERE for information on air conditioning requirements.
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here