Victoria had 22 talented representatives the Group 1 Perth Cup and Galaxy heats on Saturday night at the New Cannington (pictured above).
Lioness Lulu continued her fantastic group racing form, leading from start to finish to secure her rug in next weeks Group 1 Galaxy over the 715 metre distance.
Lioness Lulu was one of five stayers who made the trip West chasing Group 1 glory.
The Mark Giddings trained chaser was the only Victorian stayer to make it through to the biggest night in Western Australia’s greyhound racing calendar.
Tom O’donovan’s chaser Ryno’s Raider also made it into the Galaxy finishing second from box six.
Blazin’ Bomber for Darren Pattinson was the first Victorian to make it into the Perth Cup, which is run over the 520 metre distance.
Blazin’ Bomber defeated pre-race favourite Moreira who finished second, missing out on another shot at Group 1 glory by half a length.
Shared Equity secured her rug in next weeks Group 1 Perth Cup final when she also held the lead throughout her heat to win by over eight length’s in a personal best time of 30.02 seconds.
THE BOX DRAW FOR THE GROUP 1 PERTH CUP AND GROUP 1 GALAXY WILL BE DONE SUNDAY NIGHT.
PERTH CUP BOX DRAW
1) IMA WAGTAIL – John Iwanyk (WA)
2) RAMIFICATIONS – Chris Halse (WA)
3) BLAZIN’ BOMBER – Darren Pattinson (VIC)
4) LORUS TIME – Tim Mullany (WA)
5) TIGGERLONG AWAIT – Paul Stuart (WA)
6) SHARED EQUITY – Angela Langton (VIC)
7) KATSURO SAHARA – Michael Johnston (WA)
8) MIRACLE – Brian Jacobson (WA)
9) MOREIRA – Jason Thompson (VIC)
10) EISENHOWER – Brian Jacobson (WA)
GALAXY BOX DRAW
1) SEEKING JUSTICE – Keith Harding (WA)
2) HODOR – Jamie Marsh (WA)
3) ALKA CASEY – Sean Kavanagh (WA)
4) DYNA NIHILIST – Enzo Crudeli (WA)
5) LOFT AMBITION – John Edwards (WA)
6) RYNO’S RAIDER – Tom O’Donovan (VIC)
7) LIONESS LULU – Mark Giddings (VIC)
8) ZIPPING BELLA – Brett Mazgaltsidis (WA)
9) HARD BARGIN – Brett Bravo (VIC)
10) LUNA JINX – Gavin Harris (SA)
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here