Five Victorian-trained greyhounds from just two kennels have made Saturday night’s Group 1 Golden Easter Egg final at Wentworth Park, however Tasmanian greyhound Buckle Up Wes will start a hot favourite after drawing Box 1.
Buckle Up Wes is aiming to become the fifth greyhound to win the Australian Cup-Golden Easter Egg double which would see him join all-time greats Mancunian Girl (1994), Tenthill Doll (1996), Brett Lee (2001) and Bogie Leigh (2004).
In fact, if successful, he will become the first Tasmanian greyhound to win the event in its 25 year history.
The Golden Easter Egg is Australia’s richest race outside Victoria boasting first prize money of $250,000.
GOLDEN EASTER EGG BOX DRAW
1. BUCKLE UP WES (Ted Medhurst, TAS)
2. TONK (Brooke Ennis, VIC)
3. OLLIE BALE (Andrea Dailly, VIC)
4. WARRIOR KING (Brooke Ennis, VIC)
5. MAGIC DISPLAY (Evelyn Harris, NSW)
6. EVIL PUNK (James Coyle, NSW)
7. JORDAN ALLEN (Andrea Dailly, VIC)
8. HAWK ALONE(Andrea Dailly, VIC)
9. RITZA HATTIE (Mark Gatt, NSW)
10. HURRICANE RINO (Anthony Azzopardi, NSW)
Ollie Bale defeated Jordan Allen in 29.83sec
Evil Punk defeated Warrior King in 29.70sec
Magic Display defeated Buckle Up Wes in 29.80sec
Tonk defeated Hawk Alone in 29.81sec
WENTWORTH PARK FULL RESULTS: CLICK HERE
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here