The $500,000 TAB Melbourne Cup has the makings of being one of the great races of the year and Jason Thompson’s Black Magic Opal is the dog to beat.
The Geelong Cup winner recorded the fastest time (29.41) and set a new split record in his TAB Melbourne Cup heat and is the odds on favourite with TAB.
The race is full of early speed, with the likes of Shifty Sticka, Iona Seven and Kiss Me Ketut, are all capable of challenging Black Magic Opal for the lead.
Then there are the back markers that will be some runners pouncing all over the early leaders. Proven Maddy, Sticky Sticka and Peter Rocket are all class runners with strength late.
In the SOLO Bold Trease the Anthony Flores trained Amity Flame ran the fastest time (42.17) in his heat though TAB has installed Rob Britton’s Lucy Wires as the favourite to take out the $145,000 final.
With a ‘Bold Trease’ racing style, she’ll filter back towards the tail of the field early, but when given space and time, expect her to come home with a wet sail.
Here’s all you need to know ahead of the world’s richest greyhound race.
• Entry is free gates open at 6pm
• One in eight patrons WILL WIN
• One lucky patron will spin the Sandown Superwheel for the chance to win $500,000 cash
• Tickets remain for the DogHouse. Tickets are $60 include first four drinks, finger food, live music, celebrity guests James Pattinson, Jamiee Rogers, Archie Thomson, Bianca Chatfield, Alex Fevola, Jack Riewoldt and Ketut. Call Jo on 9546 9511
• There is a $500,000 guaranteed TAB quaddie pool
• TAB.com.au is offering fixed odds on all of tonight’s races
• Free open access for Foxtel customers to Sky Racing 2’s (channel 520) showcase coverage from 6.40pm
• Premium coverage on RSN Carnival commences at 6:30pm
• Roving entertainment
• Gates open at 6pm
• First race at 7.08pm
• Afghan race 7.50pm
• Quaddie first leg at 8.29pm
• Group 1 SOLO Bold Trease at 8.57pm
• Group 1 TAB Melbourne Cup at 9.56pm
• Big wheel to be spun at 10.12pm
• Last race at 11.05pm
For further information, click on the following links
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here