Balliang’s “Team Delbridge” juggernaut rolled on when middle-distance marvel Jarick Bale steamrolled his rivals in the $120,335 Group 1 TRFM Sale Cup (650m) on Boxing Day.
Jarick Bale became only the second greyhound to secure successive Sale Cups, joining Wylie Boy (1995-96) – albeit he won those finals over the 511-metre sprint trip.
It was Jarick Bale’s third G1 victory, and he continued his love affair with Sale’s 650m journey – six wins from eight starts.
Trained by Mark Delbridge, Jarick Bale ($7.20) accelerated quickly from the ‘black’ trap (Box 7) to score a commanding 4.4L win over Dookie Devil ($3.10F) with his kennelmate, G1 Melbourne Cup winner Yachi Bale ($5.40) – handled by Delbridge’s wife Lisa – a further 0.2L away third in 37.09sec.
Jarick Bale (Mar ’19 Allen Deed x Houston Bale) notched his 36th win from 91 starts and the $75,000 first prize spiralled his stakes to $551,293.
In the lead-in to the final, Delbridge couldn’t ‘split’ his dynamic duo: “I think they can both win it… They’re much of a muchness. The only difference is that Jarick Bale is proven over 650m, while Yachi Bale is the up-and-comer.”
And they certainly proved prophetic words!
Delbridge is now eyeing the G1 invitational Rookie Rebel (600m) – held during the Australian Cup Carnival in February – with Jarick Bale.
Other feature final winners on a star-studded start to the Gippsland Festival of Racing were:
- $14,960 James Yeates Printing Rising Stars (440m) – Akina Jack ($4.40) – 24.93sec (T: Phillip Rowley)
- $14,960 Ed Fountain Removals Summer Cup (520m) – Rufiano ($9.20) – 29.51sec (T: Ricky Jarvis)
- $14,960 Waugh Family Festival Launch (440m) – River Rough ($1.40F) – 25.06sec (T: Des Douch)
- $11,500 TRFM Cup Night Match Race (650m) – Extreme Jewel ($1.40F) – 37.31sec (T: Vicki Wisener)
- $8125 Catch The Thief @ Stud (440m) – Action Girl ($1.30F) – 24.71sec (T: Gary Peach)
WATCH: JARICK BALE (B7) lands his second Sale Cup in a row with a stunning 37.09sec all-the-way victory.
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here