Greyhound Racing Victoria, in conjunction with the Sale & District Greyhound Racing Club wish to advise that there will be a temporary closure of the Sale track as from early January 2023.
The closure will provide for a necessary upgrade to the track to replace ageing infrastructure which is reaching the end of its useful life.
During the closure the following upgrades will be completed: –
- New lure rail, lure system and safety rail
- Improvements to turn transitions
- New outside fencing, finishing post and inside drainage system
- Upgrade lighting to LED to optimise broadcasting quality
- New irrigation system to enable automated water treatment of the track
- New fixed head-on cameras
- New racing surface – utilising the current locally sourced sand
No significant changes will be made to the existing shape of the track or its key features.
As a result of these infrastructure works and improvements to the curvature and track dimensions, Sale will have new race distances of 435m, 513m & 640m, when it reopens.
During Sale’s period of closure, the Warragul Greyhound Racing Club will replace Sale’s current Sunday meetings.
GRV will continue to work with the Clubs in the region to ensure trial availability which includes trial session pilots to test alignment with participant take-up. In particular there will be the extension of existing session times at Warragul, and the impending introduction of Finish On Lure trials at Traralgon to also provide more opportunities for trialling.
More details of the works, including a drawing of the track changes, will be shared at the Sale Club’s AGM on Wednesday, 16 November 2022.
The works are expected to be completed towards the end of August 2023. Updates will be announced throughout this time.