Just three weeks remain before applications close for a slot in the 2022 Phoenix, to be run at The Meadows on 17 December.
The Phoenix is Victoria’s richest greyhound race, with prizemoney elevated to a whopping $1.65 million this year – including a life-changing first prize of $1 million.
Individuals and organisations are invited to apply to purchase a slot in the race at a cost of $100,000, with applications to close at 11:59pm on Friday 26 August 2022.
Prizemoney will be paid down to eighth place.
PHOENIX PRIZEMONEY IN 2022
Total: $1.65 million
Former Premier of Victoria Dr Denis Napthine AO will again lead the Independent Assessment Panel, which will have the responsibility of selecting the eight successful slot holders.
Slot holders will each select the greyhound they wish to represent them in the race, negotiating private deals with greyhound owners and trainers if they don’t own their own potential contender.
- Slot Applications open 9am Monday 25 July 2022
- Slot Applications close 11:59pm Friday 26 August 2022
- Slot Holders announced Friday 9 September 2022
- Final Field announced and Box Braw Sunday 11 December 2022
- Reserves confirmed Wednesday 14 December 2022
- Running of the $1.65 million The Phoenix Saturday 17 December 2022
TO PURCHASE A SLOT:
For more information on the 2022 The Phoenix, or to register your interest in purchasing a slot, please send an email to [email protected]
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here