Starting Monday 10 May, Victorian greyhound racing is set to experience a month-long pink rug frenzy aimed at increasing awareness about next month’s inaugural $790,000 VicBred Pink Diamond series.
Every time a Victorian-bred greyhound wearing the pink number eight rug wins a race in Victoria between Monday 10 May & Wednesday 9 June, that greyhound will earn an extra $250 on top of normal prize money.
The bonus $250 will be distributed equally between the greyhound’s trainer (50 per cent) and breeder (50 per cent) – with each receiving $125.
The pink rug promotion will conclude the day before the opening of the VicBred Pink Diamond series, which starts on Thursday 10 June.
About the VicBred Pink Diamond series
Night 1: Pink Diamond Heats
Thursday 10 June
> Warragul (twilight)
> Ballarat (night)
Night 2: Pink Diamond Heats
Friday 11 June
> Shepparton (twilight)
> Geelong (night)
Night 3: Pink Diamond Finals
Friday 18 June
> Bendigo (night)
– 48 heats held at four provincial tracks (Thursday 10 June & Friday 11 June).
– 12 Finals to be held at Bendigo (Friday 18 June)
– $790K in Prize Money & Breeder Bonuses including three races worth $75K to the winner.
– Events will suit greyhounds of various age, ability & distances including Maiden, Restricted Win, Female-only, Age Restricted, Rank Limit, Veteran & Special Events.
– The Pink Diamond series is open exclusively to greyhounds bred in Victoria
Got your team ready?
For full conditions and a breakdown of prize money for the VicBred Pink Diamond series, please click HERE
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here