GRV is seeking expressions of interest from persons interested in joining GRV’s Industry Consultative Group (ICG) in 2021.
The ICG was established in February 2016 to provide independent advice and assistance to the GRV Board on issues of significance affecting the sport of greyhound racing.
The Board regards the ICG as a key means of consulting with the broader industry and receiving advice on current issues.
The ICG comprises of 10-12 industry representatives selected by the Board. Meetings are chaired by Board Deputy Chair Greg Miller who updates the full Board on ICG matters and advice.
When selecting members of the Committee the Board has sought to include participants from all areas of the industry including owners, trainers, breeders, Clubs, track veterinarians and GOTBA.
Several ‘participant’ vacancies have arisen on the ICG at this time and we are looking to hear from trainers, owners and breeders who would like to contribute to the industry as ICG members.
The Committee meets every second month, currently via remote meetings (Zoom) but going forward we would hope to hold some meetings at GRV Head Office in West Melbourne.
Meetings are usually conducted after hours on either a Tuesday or Thursday night (start time 5.00pm). Travel costs can be reimbursed.
ICG meetings include discussions about issues raised by members and those referred from the Board for advice.
The GRV CEO and members of the GRV Leadership team regularly attend meetings to provide information to ICG members and also receive first-hand advice and feedback on critical industry issues.
Key selection criteria
- The individual’s greyhound industry-based skills and experience
- The candidate’s commitment to greyhound welfare and industry integrity
- Forming a group with the optimal balance of skills and experience
- Commitment to upholding the values and expectations of the ICG (as set in the Code of Conduct)
- Satisfactory results from GRV’s Integrity Department checking
- Cannot hold a senior integrity role within the greyhound industry (e.g. RADB, GRV Integrity Council)
- Candidates ability and willingness to contribute to the wider industry needs
Please indicate your interest by contacting Dennis Timewell (email@example.com) by 31 March, 2021.
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here