The Topgun, an invitational race conducted over 525m at The Meadows, is one of the most prestigious races on the greyhound racing calendar.
In recent years the race has been complemented by the Topgun Stayers (725m), and the conditions for the 2018 versions both events are revealed below.
CONDITIONS FOR TAB TOPGUN SELECTION PROCESS
TOPGUN – 525m & TOPGUN STAYERS – 725m
Race to be conducted on 27 October 2018
1. The Top Gun Selection Panel (noting the GRV Grading Department are not a part of the Panel) will liaise and invitations will be issued to the trainers of selected greyhounds inviting them to nominate their greyhound(s) for the selected event up until midday Thursday 11th October 2018.
2. The Panel may invite any greyhound deemed worthy in their opinion of a nomination giving consideration of each greyhound’s current ‘Aged Prizemoney Value’, recent Group Race form, recent overall form, and recent Meadows form. Note: The Club reserves the right to extend late nominations.
3. All Nominations are to be submitted directly to GRV Member Services on (03) 8329 1100 before 12.00 Noon on Thursday 11th October 2018. Nominations will be cross checked by GRV Member Services to ensure only those invited greyhounds are able to be nominated.
4. If not already included in the nominations, the winners of the Group 1 Adelaide Cup & Semi Finals of the Million Dollar Chase (12th October 2018) may be permitted to be nominated by no later than 9.00am on Sunday 14th October 2018.
5. Final nominations will be published on Friday 12th October 2018 (noting the results of the Adelaide Cup and Semi Finals of the Million Dollar Chase on Friday night 12th October)
6. The panel will then meet on Sunday 14th October 2018 to finalise their recommendations of eight (8) runners plus two (2) reserves in both the 2018 Topgun (525m) and the 2018 Topgun Stayers (725m).
7. The Chairman of the Topgun selection panel will meet with the GRV Grading Department on Monday 15th October, to submit the Topgun Panel’s recommendations for the final fields. Fields will be finalised by the GRV Grading Department in accordance with GRV Local Rule 28.2
8. The final fields will be announced on the Catching Pen on the 16th October
9. Prize money for the event is designated as:
G1 TOPGUN SPRINTERS – 525m
$150,000 to the winner
$43,000 for second
$21,500 for third
(Mementos will be provided to all starters.)
G2 TOPGUN STAYERS – 725m
$75,000 to the winner
$22,000 for second
$11,000 for third
10. MGRA and GRV will not reimburse any expenses (including travel expenses) incurred by owners and trainers in relation to greyhounds being selected to compete in this event.
11.Owners and Trainers consent to the use of their own and their greyhound’s names and images for promotional and/or advertising purposes as required by The Meadows or GRV or any other organisation approved by The Meadows or GRV in relation to greyhounds being selected.
12. GRV Local Rules of Racing and Greyhounds Australasia Rules apply to this event.
13. Greyhound Racing Victoria reserves the right to alter and/or amend these conditions.
If further details are required please do not hesitate to contact
The Meadows on (03) 9355 5222
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here