Tonight at Sandown Park features eight heats of the TAB Melbourne Cup and four heats of the Bold Trease.
Sky Racing’s Mark Duclos will be trackside for the 12 races tonight to bring viewers all the colour and excitement.
The box draw for both Group 1 races will be conducted at Sandown Park at 12pm on Friday and will be live on Sky Racing.
My Bro Fabio is the early $7 favourite to win the TAB Melbourne Cup, which is the world’s richest greyhound race with prize money of $600,000.
The eight winners of the TAB Melbourne Cup heats will go through to contest the final on Friday 21 November at Sandown Park.
Here is a snapshot of betting on tonight’s meeting with TAB Fixed Odds:
Race 1 – TAB Melbourne Cup, Heat 1
Group 1 Vic Peters winner, Lucy Lobster ($8 to $7), has received early support to cause an upset from box 8 in an open heat to start the night.
Race 2 – TAB Melbourne Cup, Heat 2
Three promising types clash here and dominate the top of the market. Secret Spell ($2.80) holds favouritism from Hostile ($3) and Dyna Yemen ($6.50) in what shapes as an intriguing race.
Race 3 – Solo Bold Trease, Heat 1
Race favourite, Shall She Rock ($2.50), is expected to take some catching if she can lead from box 7 in the first staying heat of the night.
Race 4 – Solo Bold Trease, Heat 2
Current champion, Sweet It Is ($1.35), will start the shortest-price of the night. Punters give upcoming Space Star ($7.50) a knock-out chance with some smaller interest.
Race 5 – TAB Melbourne Cup, Heat 3
Banjo Boy ($2.70 to $2.90) has been easy since betting first opened, but will run a clear favourite after drawing well in box 1; Chica Destacada ($4.40) rates the biggest danger.
Race 6 – TAB Melbourne Cup, Heat 4
Keybow ($2.70 to $2.60) attracted one bet of $2000 @ $2.70 and looks to get a clear run from box 8. Don’t discount Iva Vision ($6.50), who won the Shootout, and has attracted support.
Race 7 – TAB Melbourne Cup, Heat 5
A very open heat with punters looking for value in Hekate Belle ($7 to $5.50) to spring a surprise from box 5.
Race 8 – TAB Melbourne Cup, Heat 6
Superstar, My Bro Fabio ($1.95 to $2), is coming off a 15 length win in the Group 1 Hume Cup and looks well suited from box 7. Punters think he may be a risk and are looking very wide in Shoulders ($11) and Bessy Boo ($41 to $31)
Race 9 – Solo Bold Trease, Heat 3
Dyna Kayla ($2.90) holds favouritism with smaller support for Ima Fairytale ($8).
Race 10 – Solo Bold Trease, Heat 4
Tough heat with three main chances. Hype dog and talented chaser, Blinkers On ($2.10), is the favourite, but Zipping Rory ($3.10) and Shot To Bits ($3.90) make it an interesting race.
Race 11 – TAB Melbourne, Heat 7
Luca Neveelk ($3.60) is on the second line of betting but more popular than favourite Marcus Joe ($3.30). Dream It ($8) has also attracted interest.
Race 12 – TAB Melbourne , Heat 8
Cracking race to finish the night with Topgun winner, Buckle Up Wes ($2.70) sharing top billing with Cosmic Wise ($2.70). Punters are leaning towards the recent Group 1 winner from box 7.
My Bro Fabio ($7) is favourite and has attracted the most support, including $1,000 @ $7.
Secret Spell is the second elect at $10 and is in the second race of the night drawn perfectly in Box.8.
Keybow, who returned to the winners list by taking out the Silver Bullet at the Meadows, is the $13 third favourite and has also drawn in Box.8 when he steps out in the fourth cup heat which is Race 6.
Iva Vision ($31 to $23) has attracted bets of $200 e/w @ $31 and $ 300 @ $26.
Win TAB Melbourne Cup
$7.00 MY BRO FABIO
$10.00 SECRET SPELL
$15.00 DYNA VILLA
$15.00 BUCKLE UP WES
$17.00 BANJO BOY
$21.00 CHICA DESTACADA
$23.00 ALLEN DEED
$23.00 IVA VISION
$26.00 STAR RECALL
$31.00 LUCA NEVEELK
$31.00 MARCUS JOE
$31.00 DYNA YEMEN
$35.00 ABOVE ALL
$41.00 HEKATE BELLE
$41.00 OLLIE BALE
$41.00 OAKVALE FLYER
$41.00 OAKVALE DESTINY
$41.00 LAMIA BALE
$41.00 KISS ME KETUT
$41.00 CRACKERJACK DAK
$41.00 COSMIC WISE
Sweet It Is ($2.20) is the clear favourite, but support is for Space Star ($26 to $16) with bets of $300 @ $26 and $300 @ $23.
Win Bold Trease (ALL IN):
$2.20 SWEET IT IS
$8.00 BLINKERS ON
$8.00 DYNA KAYLA
$8.00 ZIPPING RORY
$12.00 SHALL SHE ROCK
$12.00 SHOT TO BITS
$16.00 SPACE STAR
$18.00 ZIPPING MAGGIE
$26.00 SISCO RAGE
$26.00 FLYING TWIST
$41.00 JULIE BALE
$41.00 IMA FAIRYTALE
$41.00 DOUBLE RINSE
$41.00 COULTA ROCK
$71.00 MEPUNGA TIARA
$71.00 MYSTIC TWIST
$81.00 BIG KAT
$81.00 ZIPPING JOE
$81.00 LOVE AFFAIR
$81.00 LADY TOY
RACE HISTORY: STATS & FACTS
Wins by state
- 42 Victoria
- 11 New South Wales
- 2 Queensland
- 1 South Australia
Wins by sex
- Males 45
- Females 11
- Fastest time – 29.21 (Dyna Tron, 2011, 29.21)
- Biggest margin – 9 lengths (Fox Hunt, 1991)
- Longest priced winner – Classic Capri $25.90 (2001)
- Shortest priced winner – Gold Grotto $1.50 (1972)
TAB Melbourne Cup history
- Darren McDonald (3 winners): Hallucinate (2004), Shanlyn Prince (2007), Surgeon (2008)
- 1956 – First Melbourne Cup staged at Sandown Park on the grass track over 565 yards under handicap conditions worth £500
- 1998 – Rapid Journey adds the Melbourne Cup to his Adelaide Cup, Perth Cup, Golden Easter Egg, National Sprint Championship and Topgun wins
- 1999 – Graeme Bate trains the trifecta, winning his third Melbourne Cup with Kantarn Bale
- 2005 – Closing Argument wins the 50th running of the Cup; Bonshaw Boy completes the quinella for trainer Cameron Taylor
- 2006 – Betty’s Angel completes the Group 1 ADVANCE Sapphire Crown – Schweppes Melbourne Cup double, setting a new race record of 29.51 in the process
- 2008 – Prize money increased to $175,000 to the winner; Surgeon controversially gives trainer Darren McDonald a third Solo Melbourne Cup winner in five years
- 2009 – Lord Ducal, the least experienced runner in the final, registers 29.53 to give owner, trainer and breeder Jon and Jenny Roberts their biggest thrill in greyhound racing
- 2010 – El Grand Senor scores his third Group 1 feature of 2010 with a dominant performance for owner/breeder Carolyne Jones; El Grand Senor would go on to claim Sandown Greyhound of the Year, Victorian Greyhound of the Year, and Australian Greyhound of the Year honours
- 2011 – Dyna Tron secures Andrea Dailly her first Solo Melbourne Cup victory in a race record 29.21 seconds; Dyna Tron was one of four finalists prepared by the Dailly kennel, with Graeme Bate also preparing three finalists to give leviathan owner/breeder Paul Wheeler seven finalists in the race.2011 – Prize money increased to $350,000 to the winner making the 2012 Melbourne Cup the richest greyhound race ever run
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here