Glen Gallon was the fastest heat winner and he appears suitably drawn in box 2.
GALLON AND CHIEF FLY IN THEIR HEATS
Three Victorian-trained greyhounds will be chasing the spoils in Saturday night’s $200,000 Group 1 Perth Cup at Cannington, however veteran Queenslander Glen Gallon is the one to beat after a slashing heat win.
Glen Gallon clocked the time of 30.01sec in his heat over the weekend, with the next best being the Kelvyn Greenough-trained Renegade Chief in 30.12sec.
Greenough’s Hello Goodbye also made it through to the $140,000 to-the-winner final, with the other Victorian qualifier being Grigorieva Bale (Andrea Dailly).
$200,000 GROUP 1 PERTH CUP (530m)
Saturday 9 February
1. GRIGORIEVA BALE (Andrea Dailly) 30.48sec
2. GLEN GALLON (Tony Brett) 30.01sec
3. HELLO GOOD BYE (Kelvyn Greenough) 30.42sec
4. DYNA NALIN (Paul Stuart) 30.21sec
5. RENEGADE CHIEF (Kelvyn Greenough) 30.12sec
6. HOT IRISH (Ben Abercrombie) 30.22sec
7. SAVING BUNDLES (Linda Britton) 30.61sec
8. HARRY MONELLI (David Hobby) 30.47sec
9. OFF TO FENWAY (Eric Campana)
10. GENERAL DESTINI (Norm Rinaldi)
Meanwhile, champion distance greyhound Miata will contest the Group 1 Galaxy (715m) at Cannington on Saturday night.
PERTH CUP & GALAXY VIDEO REPLAYS: CLICK HERE
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here