Wagering Operators and Race Fields Conditions
Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) is the statutory authority established under Part 3 of the Racing Act 1958 (Racing Act), for promoting and controlling greyhound racing in Victoria.
A part of GRV’s function is to provide approvals to Wagering Service Providers to publish and use Victorian greyhound racing fields in accordance with the Gambling Regulation Act 2003 (Vic).
A list of wagering operators currently approved to publish and use Victorian greyhound racing fields is available below.
GRV Approved Wagering Service Providers (PDF download)
If you wish to apply for approval to publish and use Victorian greyhound racing fields please complete the application form below.
A copy of GRV’s Conditions on Publication and Use of GRV Race Fields effective 1 January 2021 are set out below.
GRV Conditions of Approval as at 1 Jan 2021 (PDF download)
A copy of GRV’s Responsible Gambling Code of Practice is set out below.
Responsible Gambling Code of Practice (PDF download)
GRV Minimum Bet Limit Policy
From 1 January 2021, all Wagering Service Providers (WSP) approved by GRV are required to accept a fixed odds bet at odds which are Publicly Displayed by the Approved WSP for any Victorian greyhound race to the maximum amount specified as follows:
Approved WSPs must not do any act or refuse to do any act to avoid complying with the bet limits, including but not limited to:
(a) refusing to accept a fixed odds bet;
(b) closing a person’s account;
(c) refusing to open a person’s account;
(d) placing any restrictions on a person’s account in relation to Victorian greyhound racing product;
(e) refusing to lay a fixed odds bet to any person when those fixed odds are Publicly Displayed;
(f) laying lesser odds to a person than those Publicly Displayed; or
(g) any other act or refusal to do an act in order to avoid these provisions.
The approved WSP will not be required to comply with GRV’s Minimum Bet Policy obligations if:
- the approved WSP’s aggregate Total Turnover on Victorian greyhound races for the prior 12 months is less than $3 million;
- the Customer is not domiciled in Australia;
- the bet is a Betting Transaction on a Betting Exchange;
- the Customer has not provided the Approved WSP with sufficient funds to pay for the bet;
- the bet is placed:
- in the case of Victorian greyhound racing meetings where the first race has an Advertised Start Time prior to 11AM, more than one hour prior to the scheduled start time of the opening race of the meeting/race program or after the scheduled start time of the race; and
- in all other cases, more than two hours prior to the scheduled start time of the opening race of the meeting/race program or after the scheduled start time of the race.
- the bet forms part of a multi bet;
- the bet is a retail betting transaction;
- the Approved WSP reasonably suspects the Customer placing the bet is not the beneficial owner of the bet or the account is being used in violation of the WSP’s account terms and conditions, where the suspicion can be reasonably validated by the WSP through the provision of public records, IP address tracking, unique device tracking, or some other verifiable process or source to GRV (if requested);
- the Customer account has not been verified through the required account identification and Know Your Customer processes (either automated or manually);
- the Approved WSP reasonably suspects that acceptance of the bet would be in violation of their obligations under The Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Finance Act 2006 and any responsible gambling regulatory requirements;
- the Approved WSP has previously closed an account held by the Customer’s because:
- the Customer engaged in activity which breached a material condition of the agreement with the WSP, unless the dominant purpose of such condition was to allow the WSP to avoid complying with the MBL conditions;
- there were other reasons that in the WSP’s assessment, acting reasonably, raised material integrity concerns; or
- the customer had self-excluded or the account was closed for responsible gambling reasons.
- the Customer has been warned off or disqualified, engaged in fraudulent activity or there are other reasons that in GRV’s assessment, acting reasonably, raises material integrity concerns;
- there has been an official price fluctuation or the WSP’s own price fluctuation has legitimately changed, except:
- where a customer has attempted to place a bet at the Publicly Displayed price and that bet has been intercepted; or
- where a customer is offered a personalised price that is different to the Publicly Displayed price (excluding promotional offers);(in which case the Minimum Bet Limit would apply to the pre-intercept price or the personalised price);
- the approved WSP has already accepted a fixed odds bet(s) up to the relevant limit specified in clause 5.1 on that greyhound from that eligible Customer;
- the approved WSP is a parent holding company with more than one customer-facing brand and has already accepted a fixed odds bet(s) up to the relevant limit specified in clause 5.1 on that greyhound from that eligible Customer under any one or more of the customer facing brands;
- the Customer placing the bet is, or is associated with, an employee of a licensed Australian WSP and there is a reasonably held belief by the Approved WSP that the bet is based on betting information (including but not limited to betting trends and bets placed with that licensed Australian WSP) that is not publicly available;
- the bet being placed is by or on behalf of another licensed Australian WSP where there is a reasonably held belief by the Approved WSP that the bet is based on betting information (including but not limited to betting trends and bets placed with that licensed Australian WSP) that is not publicly available and, further that the bet is not a Back Bet;
- the Customer has been restricted to betting via a specified platform (e.g. telephone) arising from reasonably held concerns by the WSP as to robotic or systematic use via other platforms/channels;
- the bet is contrary to the Australasian Greyhound Rules of Racing and/or the Greyhound Racing Victoria Local Rules and Betting Rules;
- the situation where there are systematic multiple identical (or similar) bets from related/connected parties or from the same IP address;
- where a Customer is betting from, or a bet is received from, a proxy server;
- the bet was a promotional bet such as a bonus bet or free bet, where the Customer has not provided payment for the stake; or
- GRV publishes other exclusions or changes to the Minimum Bet framework on its website which will be amended as required.
In the first instance, customers who believe that an approved WSP has refused their bet or excluded them in contravention of these conditions should contact the WSP to ascertain the reason for the refusal or exclusion.
If the customer remains unsatisfied with the reason provided by the WSP, and they do not fall within one of the exclusions listed in the conditions, then they may lodge a formal complaint with GRV via this online form.
Minimum Bet Limit FAQs
For more information, please click here.
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here