In 2021, GRV undertook a review of its grading guidelines including hosting a grading survey and information sessions, out of which came a number of proposed recommendations.
Based on these recommendations, GRV has developed a new version of its grading guidelines, which were tabled at last month’s Industry Consultative Group (ICG) meeting and provided to representatives of the Greyhound Owners, Trainers & Breeders Association (GOTBA).
The updated version of the grading guidelines are being released for information ahead of an implementation date to be determined in the first quarter of 2022.
A summary of the main changes that have been incorporated into the new grading guidelines include:
- Modification to the ranking points table and formula of assessed starts.
- Introduction of a consistent order of entry for all levels of race meetings (Tier 3, Special Event and Maiden Events excluded).
- Removal of Aged Prizemoney (APM) as the main selection method used and a greyhounds individual ranking to be used as the main selection method.
- Redefine the definition of a city win.
- Removal of Metropolitan upgrade.
- Update the automatic upgrade criteria from $25,000 in prize money to $35,000 in prize money to reflect recent prize money increases.
- All heats to be graded using seeded/guarded method with the top 25% seeded based on individual rank and not based on Aged Prizemoney (APM) figure.
- All standard races will be banded together based on greyhounds of similar rank instead of Aged Prizemoney (APM) figure.
Members of GRV’s Racing Department will be in attendance at the following race meetings to discuss the updated grading guidelines and answer any general questions participants may have:
Bendigo – Wednesday 15 December – 2pm to 5pm
Healesville – Friday 17 December – 10am to 1pm
Ballarat – Wednesday 22 December – 6pm to 9pm
Sandown – Thursday 23 December – 6pm to 9pm
GRV Graders can also be contacted on email via email@example.com
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here