An increase in quality across the board has led to record sales numbers at today’s Ready 2 Race auction at Bendigo’s Lords Raceway. A total of 43 greyhounds were sold at auction this afternoon following the running of nine finals over 425m earlier in the day. Despite the top seller, Chiquita Lass (pictured above), fetching $20,000, which was below the top sale price of previous years, the average sales price on the day reached record heights.
“We had a very successful day,” Bendigo GRA Manager Troy Harley said. “We smashed the record in terms of the average sale price as it reached $6,880.”
The average sale price since the Ready 2 Race Sales started in 2012 has never exceeded $5,000. Harley predicted sales prices to go through the roof following Monday’s heats, at which 56 per cent of greyhounds broke 24.50sec, compared with 34 per cent in 2017 and 23 per cent in 2016. And he was right, with prospective owners packing into Lords Raceway today and spending a combined total of $295,850.
Four lots were passed in on the day, with those greyhounds remaining with their owners.
The fastest performer today was Yohan (lot 75), who later sold for $10,000.
2018 TOP SELLERS
- $20,000 Chiquita Lass (Lot 2) fell in final before completing the race
- $18,000 Pipes (Lot 21) won final in 24.31sec.
- $16,000 Dooee (Lot 84) ran 2nd in final running 24.56sec
- $14,500 Kayda King (Lot 7) won final in 24.36sec
- $14,500 Levi (Lot 55) ran 4th in final running 24.73sec
- $14,000 Connie (Lot 11) won final in 24.28sec
- $13,500 Shorty (Lot 79) won final in 24.31sec
- $12,750 Nitro Gee (Lot 33) ran 4th in final running 24.62sec
- $12,500 George (Lot 18) ran 4th in final running 24.70sec
- $12,000 Chillin (Lot 68) Ran 3rd in final running 24.39sec
- $12,000 Missy (Lot 23) won final in 24.47sec
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here