After an 18-month absence Traralgon Greyhound Racing Club will reopen for racing on 25 November.
Following a month of trials to test all features of the new $6 million J-Curve track the opening race will be a full stakes Tier 3 meeting.
Traralgon club manager, Steve Clarke, said he hoped the world-first state-of-the-art track, developed and designed by Professor David Eager and his research team at the University of Technology Sydney, would become a benchmark for safer racing across Australia.
“We are so excited to be hosting our first race meeting on the new track,” he said.
“Last week we hand slipped a few greyhounds around the track and they all looked to go really well. I’ve got great confidence in the track, and I am really proud of what the entire team has been able to achieve.”
Clarke said that with the first race meeting approaching, he wanted to give trainers and their greyhounds every opportunity to trial before they raced.
“Like any new track a greyhound sees, we would love for them to have had a look at the track before racing, he said”
The path to return
The club will run a twilight trial sessions Thursday 11 November, starting 4pm
- Hand slips from any starting position into the pen
- Booked through the club. (Limited to 40 trials, no more than 4 per person)
- Bookings from Monday 8 November 10.00am
The following week it will have a more structured approach to trailing:
- Fast Track bookings
- Trials out of boxes into the pen
- Qualified GRV lure drivers to attend for training on new lure system
The club will a “soft” return meeting to racing on 22 November 2021 with a club-run picnic meeting which will be advertised on the club’s Facebook page and the GRV website. It will feature:
- 10 races, 4 dog fields
- Nominations and grading to be done through the club
- Small contingent of stewards to attend meeting
Official Race Meetings
- Thursday 25 November, Full Stakes Tier 3 meeting
- Monday 29 November, Half Stakes meeting, with heats running into finals on Launch Night (3 December)
- Friday 3 December Gippsland Carnival/Traralgon Track Relaunch night (Race/Program/Special Events etc)
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here