GRV is seeking expressions of interest from persons interested in joining the Greyhound Industry Consultative Group (ICG).
The ICG was established in February 2016 to provide independent advice to the GRV Board on issues and activities of significance that affect the sport of greyhound racing. The Board regards the ICG as a key means of consulting with the greyhound industry and obtaining advice that is representative of the broader industry. The Board seeks participants from ALL areas of the industry – owners, trainers, breeders, Clubs, track veterinarians, GOTBA and other associations.
The ICG comprises of 10-12 industry representatives selected by the Board. Meetings are convened by GRV Chairman, Bernie Carolan, who reports ICG matters and advice to the Board. The ICG committee currently meets every second month at GRV’s Office in West Melbourne. Meetings are usually conducted after business hours on a Tuesday or Thursday night starting around 5.00pm. Travel costs can be reimbursed.
GRV’s CEO and senior executives regularly attend meetings to provide information to the ICG members and receive first hand advice and feedback on critical industry issues.
The Board is calling for additional industry representation on the ICG. You will ideally be a current owner, breeder or trainer or be active in the greyhound racing community.
Appointment to the ICG will be based on the following criteria:
- Greyhound industry skills and experience
- A commitment to greyhound welfare and integrity of the industry
- Providing the skills and experience that balance existing memberships
- Pass a GRV integrity unit check
- Ability and willingness to contribute to the wider industry needs of greyhound racing
- You do NOT hold a senior integrity role within the greyhound industry
Once a part of the group, you will be expected to:
- Commit to uphold the values and expectations of the ICG (as set in the Code of Conduct)
- Sign a statutory declaration (re: Live Baiting)
- Attend a minimum at least four meetings a year.
NOMINATION FORM: CLICK HERE.
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here