Are you familiar with GRV’s Hot Weather Policy? Greyhound racing or trialling cannot be conducted in Victoria if the temperature exceeds 38 degrees. Keep abreast of the latest news regarding hot weather and Victorian greyhound racing on this page or by visiting fasttrack.grv.org.au.
The Meadows Wednesday 13 December – Meeting marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to the forecasted temperature of 37 degrees.
Ballarat Wednesday 13 December– Meeting marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to the forecasted temperature of 35 degrees.
Cranbourne Wednesday 13 December – Meeting marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to the forecasted temperature of 35 degrees.
As a consequence:
1. Trainers can withdraw any of their greyhounds without penalty prior to the appointed scratching time.
2. The use of barking muzzles are prohibited for both travel and kennelling.
3. Kennels will open 30 minutes earlier than normal.
4. Kennel temperatures to be monitored and recorded.
5. Cooling vests will be available at the catching pen
The safety and welfare of greyhounds is of paramount concern for GRV in assessing whether a race meeting or individual races on a program should proceed, be delayed or abandoned in hot weather conditions.
Decisions to transfer or cancel meetings are made after careful consideration and consultation with the weather bureau and also take into account the predicted temperature for travel times to and from the venue as well as at the track.
For detailed weather information please use the following link: http://www.bom.gov.au/places/vic and enter the track location, then selecting the “Detailed 3-Hourly Forecast” option on the right hand side of the page.