The welfare of greyhounds is GRV’s first and overriding priority, on and off the track and during all stages of a greyhound’s life from birth to retirement.
GRV’s General Manager for Greyhound Welfare and Re-homing, Dr Gavin Goble, is a senior veterinarian with many years of experience in greyhound racing and senior management positions in various animal-based organisations.
He leads a team of highly motivated greyhound-centric people who are focused on six key areas:
- Re-homing: management of the highly successful Greyhound Adoption Program and other related initiatives such as working with other re-homing organisations
- Education: provision of education, training and advice for participants
- Strategy and Policy: development of a ‘Whole of Life’ welfare strategy which will deliver animal welfare policies, programs and projects for the industry
- Greyhound Microchip Registry: provision of Australia’s dedicated greyhound microchip registry offering full registry services to all greyhound owners
- Research: driving research and data analysis on all aspects of greyhound welfare
- Veterinary Support: investigation of how GRV can support participants’ access to first class veterinary care both on and off the track
All functions are data and evidence-based and significant efforts are being put into collecting and analysing data on greyhounds through their entire life cycle.
For more information on Greyhound Care, click here.
The content on this page was accurate at the time of publishing. If you notice any inaccurate content on this page or anywhere on the website, please report it here