Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) recently announced a number of Board-approved enhancements to racing and grading. The first stage of the rollout of these changes will happen Tuesday 3 June in the afternoon and will come into effect this Wednesday 4 June.
The five changes that will be implemented this week are:
1. Special Event/Group Grading Policy
2. Weighted Points Table:- Race Types and Ranking Points allocated
3. Upgrading: 10 Full Stakes Wins
4. Grading Guideline 1.3: 6 greyhound Fields 595m plus Metro Category 1
5. Novice Grading outlined and implemented
Details of each change:
GROUP RACE / SPECIAL EVENT GRADING
For all Group Races and Special Events higher graded dogs (Grades 1-3) will be included first, with the remaining Grade 4 and Grade 5 greyhounds selected based on their current ranking. Clubs will now select which ‘Selection method’ is to be applied – ‘Seeded/Guarded/Random’ or ‘Random/Guarded’
WEIGHTED POINTS TABLE
Cap number of points allocated at fifth place for lower graded and Maidens races
Changes to the points allocated for some race results in the respective grades
· Maiden Semi Final now equals a Maiden Final and not Maiden Heat.
· Provincial X45 now equals a GR4 not GR5.
· All Maiden Meeting now equals T3-M not T3-5 or M
Trainers please note: Greyhounds rankings will in most cases be altered with the new rankings being applied for all meetings graded from Wednesday 4 June onwards.
Greyhounds will now be considered for an upgrade to Grade 4 at all Provincial meetings if they have won 10 Full Stakes races, 4 Metro Wins, and have won $25,000 or more (excluding GOBIS /VBIS bonuses).
UPDATE TO GRADING GUIDELINES
Change to Grading Guidelines(GG): GG 1.3: For any Category 1 595m plus events in Level 4 of the weighted points score table, a minimum of six (6) nominations are required to conduct that event.
Novice grading to incorporate highest ranked Grade 5’s as determined by GRV Grader followed by the best-performed Maidens.
Grading Changes Explained:
1. BIG OWNER TRAINER:
2. GRADING GUIDELINES:
3. METRO NON-PENALTY MEETINGS:
4. OVERALL GRADING:
5. SPECIAL EVENT GROUP GRADING POLICY:
6. TIER 3 RACING:
8. WEIGHTED POINTS TABLE: