Sign up to newsletter
X

GOBIS

Greyhound Owners & Breeders Incentive Scheme (GOBIS) prize money, which is additional to normal prize money, is available in well over 2,000 selected Victorian greyhound races each year.

Only Victorian bred greyhounds that are GOBIS registered by their breeder or owner/s as young untried pups are eligible to win GOBIS prize money.

It is projected that $1.25 Million will be paid in GOBIS prize money in the 2013/14 financial year, with that figure to grow significantly in the 2014/15 financial year.

More than 75 per cent of greyhound pups born in Victoria are registered with GOBIS.

This scheme was a joint initiative of the Victorian Government,  Greyhound Owner Trainers and Breeders Association and Greyhound Racing Victoria.

AIMS
Support and promote on a national basis the Victorian greyhound breeding industry.

Pay or otherwise provide incentives or bonuses for Victorian bred greyhounds racing in Victoria which qualify under the scheme.

Pay or otherwise provide incentives to breeders and owners of Victorian bred greyhounds which qualify under the scheme.

 

ELIGIBILITY FOR GOBIS REGISTRATION

Any greyhound nominated for registration under the Scheme must be:

Born in Victoria.

Nominated for registration under the Scheme by the Breeder or the Owner (but not both).

Nominated under the Scheme by 4:30pm on the last calendar day of the month in which the greyhound reaches eight/ten months of age.

Registered with GRV at the time of nomination.

Pup2

 

COST OF GOBIS REGISTRATION

It costs $43.00 to register a greyhound through GOBIS up until eight months of age, or $130.00 if the greyhound is between eight and 10 months of age. Greyhounds will be ineligible to be nominated for GOBIS should the nomination be received after the last day of the calendar month in which the greyhound turns 10 months of age.

PAYMENT OF GOBIS BONUSES

If the Breeder is the Nominator, 50 per cent of the bonus applicable to the winning greyhound shall be paid to the Breeder, and the other 50 per cent shall be paid to the Owner. If the Owner is the Nominator, 75 per cent of the bonus applicable to the winning greyhound shall be paid to the Owner, and the other 25 per cent shall be paid to the Breeder.

 

BONUS SCHEME

 

GOBIS Bonus 1

 

image001