Sign up to newsletter
X

Bendigo, Cranbourne, Horsham, Shepparton meetings on 8-10 March transferred or cancelled

Due to the hot weather forecast for Monday 7th March through to Thursday 10th March, the following meetings are transferred or cancelled in accordance with Greyhound Racing Victoria’s (GRV) Hot Weather Policy.

The Tuesday 8 March Day Meeting at Horsham Greyhound Racing Club has been transferred to a Morning Meeting on the same day.

The Wednesday 9 March Day Meeting at Bendigo Greyhound Racing Club has been transferred to a Morning Meeting on the same day.

The Thursday 10 March Twilight Meeting at Shepparton Greyhound Racing Club has been cancelled.

A Thursday 10 March Twilight Meeting at Cranbourne Greyhound Racing Club has been added.

The safety and welfare of greyhounds is of paramount concern for GRV in assessing whether a race meeting or individual races on a program should proceed, be delayed or abandoned in hot weather conditions.

Decisions to transfer or cancel meetings are made after careful consideration and consultation with the weather bureau and with the welfare of the greyhounds being paramount.

All GRV decisions to reschedule or cancel Victorian greyhound race meetings and trial sessions now also take into account the predicted temperature for travel times to and from the venue as well as at the track.

Trainers with greyhounds drawn to compete at cancelled meetings will receive a Meeting Cancellation Payment equivalent to Travel and Starters’ Fees.

Related Posts