The second round of grading changes will be rolled out from Wednesday 6 August, in a continuation of the racing enhancement strategy that was announced earlier in the year and detailed in the Strategic Plan.
Acting in accordance with the strategic objective of providing a transparent, fair and enjoyable racing experience for members and maximising racing opportunities for all greyhounds in order to deliver Racing Operations excellence, GRV has enacted two priority initiatives outlined in the five-year plan entitled ‘On Track for a Great Future’
- Racing Opportunities maximisation project
- Implement grading review and improvements.
Another seven changes to grading will be implemented and members need to be aware of how the changes will affect the way their greyhounds are placed for particular races.
The changes that will be implemented on Wednesday 6 August are:
- Associated Greyhounds rule (LR 28.7) which restricts the number of greyhounds that ‘Associated’ persons can have in a particular race (board resolution 1)
- New metro-tracks for provincial racing (board resolution 2)
- Sliding scale when determining a greyhounds rank (board resolution 6)
- Tier 3 sliding scale of ‘outs’ (board resolution 8)
- Upgrading: Upgraded greyhounds eligible for upgrade race type and above only (board resolution 11)
- Novice grading outlined and implemented (board resolution 13)
- Maiden & Provincial order of entry amended and implemented (board resolution 14)
There has been one addition to the ‘Associated Greyhounds’ rule for members to understand. Those members who, because of their particular kennel-sharing circumstances, believe that they have reasonable grounds to be exempt from the Associated Greyhounds Rule (LR28.7) must contact email@example.com . GRV will investigate all claims and provide a statutory declaration form to be completed by the applicant.
If members have any questions about any of the grading changes they can contact the GRV racing department on: 03 8329 1100.