Greyhound Racing Victoria would like to wish a happy birthday to George Schofield who turned 94 yesterday.
George Schofield is the only surviving ‘Pioneer’ to be inducted into Victorian greyhound racing’s Hall of Fame and, quite remarkably, the 94 year old continues to contribute to the sport today through his work as a canine chiropractor.
Schofield’s contribution to greyhound racing stems far wider than his chiropractic brilliance. He has been involved in virtually every aspect of the sport, including spending a combined total of 56 years as an administrator, 32 of which were as the Executive of the Greyhound Owners, Trainers & Breeders Association (GOTBA)
His incredible achievements are:
- Awarded 2006 Ken Carr Medal
- GOTBA Executive 32 years
- Greyhound Racing Control Board member 16 years
- Melbourne Greyhound Racing Association Director 8 years
- Ballarat GRC Committee 10 years
- OAM in 2009 for services to Greyhound Racing
To view George Schofield