*Last updated January 25th, 2012
1. The Victorian Greyhound of the Year (VGOTY) shall relate to racing performances on Australian race tracks for the calendar year. However consideration may be given to international racing performances also during the calendar year.
2. To be eligible for the VGOTY, a greyhound must, according to recorded GRV kennel returns, be domiciled for racing in the State of Victoria for a period of no less than four (4) consecutive calendar months during the year of the award.
| 3. International or interstate owned or bred greyhounds shall be eligible for VGOTY awards
4. Only nominees confirmed by the voting panel shall be considered as final contenders for the VGOTY
5. GRV will select a suitable person to act as Chairman of the VGOTY voting panel however the Chairman shall not vote in relation to the VGOTY awards
6. The VGOTY voting panel shall ideally comprise seven people selected by GRV from the following sections of the greyhound industry: