Please note: Due to the deployment of FastTrack on Wednesday 1 May, 2013, the Tier 3 calculator will not be available. When nominating in FastTrack, if a Tier 3 event is scheduled, and your dog is eligible, then the option to nominate for this event is shown. If your dog is not eligible for a Tier 3 event, then the option will not appear on your nomination screen.
If you have any further queries, please email the Grading Department at email@example.com or call (03) 8329 1100 between 3.00pm and 4.00pm weekdays.
1. All Tier 3 events will be run for half of normal provincial stakemoney
2. Tier 3 Grade 5 events are Non-Penalty
3. Open to Maiden and Grade 5 greyhounds (at specific track and distance)
4. Greyhounds are prohibited from competing in Tier 3 events if they have run faster than a certain time standard in any of their past four starts
5. Greyhounds must have competed in Victoria or at Barmera, Broken Hill, Mt Gambier, Temora and Wagga in all of their past four starts
6. Maiden greyhounds must have had a minimum of two starts (which includes qualifying trial starts)
7. Last start winners and placegetters, at their actual last start will gain preference when nominating for a TIER 3 event.
8. Greyhounds who have waited the longest to gain a start (based on number of recent nominations) will be given preference. The remaining greyhounds will be drawn into the meeting RANDOMLY
9. The compiling of race fields is centred around how much prizemoney a greyhound has won.
10. The GRV Graders may where practicable and suitable races being available, separate greyhounds trained and/or owned in the same interest.