Becoming a greyhound owner will open your world up to a unique and exciting industry and past time.
You have three options when deciding to become an owner: Sole ownership, Partnership (2 people) or Syndicate (3-20 people).
Simply choose the option that suits you and follow the application process accordingly.
Please note that to form a Partnership or Syndicate you must first be a registered owner with Greyhound Racing Victoria. Once your application has been processed you will receive your member card in the mail.
Registration fee: Free of charge
All participant applications and competency tests are now conducted online in FastTrack.
Click here for instructions on how to Create a FastTrack account
1. A confirmation pop-up window will appear. Click Create Account to proceed.
2. Enter your name and email address in the fields provided.
3. Enter a Password.
4. In the Confirm password field, enter the password again.
5. Tick the checkbox if you want to receive GRV marketing materials.
6. Click Submit to create the account.
FastTrack displays a message with your new member number. FastTrack also sends an email to your nominated email address.
7. Log in to FastTrack, and select the Apply to Participate tab.
8. Select the type of participation (by default, Owner will be selected).
9. Click Continue.
10. You must read and acknowledge the responsibilities.
11. Tick both the checkboxes and click Continue.
12. Fill in your personal details and click Continue.
13. Read the three declarations of history. Tick any applicable checkboxes.
14. Enter ABN and GST information (ensure that you tick the checkbox “I agree to the above conditions.”)
15. Enter the bank details for Electronic Funds Transfer.
16. Click Continue to proceed.
17. Your application will be assessed and any further steps you will need to take will be displayed.
Prior to forming a partnership or syndicate, each member must be a Registered Owner.
The Syndicate Manager will need to create the Syndicate in FastTrack by completing these steps:
To create a new syndicate:
1. Log In to FastTrack.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click the Syndicate tab.
4. Click the Create a New Syndicate link.
5. For each participant, enter a Participant Number or Email Address, then click Continue.
6. You are provided with four member fields – click Add another member to show more fields.
7. Read the Terms and Conditions.
8. Click I ACCEPT the terms and conditions stated above.
9. Click Continue.
10. In the syndicate Name field, enter a name of up to 40 characters in length
11. Enter GST Information, and if the ABN field appears, enter the ABN.
12. Click the I agree to the above conditions check box.
13. Enter the Bank Account Details.
14. Click Proceed.
15. Enter any required payment, then click Submit.
16. Read the Confirmation page, then click Complete Registration.
For any assistance or further information about becoming an owner, please contact the Member Services Department on (03) 8329 1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.