GOBIS


 This scheme was a joint initiative of the Victorian Government,  Greyhound Owner Trainers and Breeders Association and Greyhound Racing Victoria.

Aims

Support and promote on a national basis the Victorian greyhound breeding industry.  

pay or otherwise provide incentives or bonuses for Victorian bred greyhounds racing in Victoria which qualify under the scheme.

pay or otherwise provide incentives to breeders and owners of Victorian bred greyhounds which qualify under the scheme.

 

NOMINATIONS FOR REGISTRATION

Any greyhound nominated for registration under the Scheme must:  

be whelped in Victoria.  

be nominated for registration under the Scheme by the Breeder or the Owner (but not both).  

be nominated under the Scheme by 4:30pm on the last calendar day of the month in which the greyhound reaches eight/ten months of age.  

be registered with GRV at the time of nomination.


A nomination fee shall be payable by the Nominator at the time the nomination is lodged with GRV. A nomination shall not be registered unless and until the fee is paid. The fee is payable only once in respect of a greyhound. $43.00 per greyhound which is less than eight months of age and less than nine months of age on the last calendar day of the month in which the greyhound is nominated for registration under the Scheme. $130.00 per greyhound which reaches nine or ten months of age in the month in which it is nominated for registration under the Scheme. Greyhounds will be ineligible to be nominated for GOBIS should the nomination be received by GRV after the last day of the calendar month in which the greyhound turns 10 months of age.


PAYMENT OF BONUSES

The Scheme shall only apply to races selected by GRV which are conducted by Clubs (including Coursing Clubs) registered with GRV. GRV shall have the sole discretion to select those races to which the Scheme will apply. The bonus shall be paid to the Owner and the Breeder of the greyhound which wins or places (refer attached tables) (and which is not subsequently disqualified as the winner of the race pursuant to the GRV's Rules). If the Breeder is the Nominator, 50% of the bonus applicable to the winning greyhound shall be paid to the Breeder, and the other 50% shall be paid to the Owner. If the Owner is the Nominator, 75% of the bonus applicable to the winning greyhound shall be paid to the Owner, and the other 25% shall be paid to the Breeder.

 


BONUS SCHEME 

GOBIS Scheme – Bonus Payments
Effective 1st March 2014
Race Type
GOBIS registered winner
First placegetter
(2nd or 3rd )if winner is not
GOBIS registered
Group Race
Metro & Provincial
$10,000
$5,000
Main metro GOBIS race
$2,900
$1,450
Main metro non-GOBIS race
$500
$250
Country GOBIS race
$1,000
$500
Group Race Finalists
$1000 (in addition to Group Race Bonuses)
 

SUPERGOBIS Scheme – Bonus Payments
Effective 1st March 2014
Metropolitan
GOBIS registered
Provincial
GOBIS registered
1st:- $5,500
2nd:- $2,000
3rd:- $1,000
1st:- $1,750
2nd:- $500
3rd:- $250
1st:- Not Registered
2nd: $4,750
3rd:- $1,000
1st:- Not Registered
2nd: $1,375
3rd:- $250
1st:- Not Registered
2nd: $4,750
3rd:- Not Registered
1st:- Not Registered
2nd: $1,375
3rd:- Not Registered
1st:- $5,500
2nd: Not Registered
3rd:- $1,000
1st:- $1,750
2nd: Not Registered
3rd:- $250
1st:- Not Registered
2nd:- Not Registered
3rd:- $3,750
1st:- Not Registered
2nd:- Not Registered
3rd:- $1,125

 

 


GRV launched its new information management system, FastTrack, with its full release of features on Wednesday 1 May 2013.


To submit a GOBIS application, you will need to log in to your FastTrack Account.  Alternatively, contact Member Services on (03) 8329 1100.  If you are a Victorian registered member and need to activate your FastTrack account, please click here.

If you are an owner or breeder, you can choose to register a greyhound for GOBIS from your Dog Details tab in FastTrack. 

Click here for instructions on how to process a GOBIS registration in FastTrack. 



The registration cannot be performed unless both the owner and the breeder have provided bank account details.

1.    Log in to FastTrack.

2.    Click the My Dogs menu item and find the greyhound you want to register for GOBIS.

3.    Click the GOBIS registration link.

4.    Select a radio button next to Payment Method and enter the payment details.

5.    Click Submit.

6.    From here, you may click View Invoice to see and print the invoice for the registration, or click Continue to be returned to the dog search page.




GOBIS Rules:

  • To be eligible for GOBIS the greyhound must be Victorian bred.
  • The greyhound can be registered for GOBIS if it was whelped within 10 calendar months.
  • If the registration is made by the owner, the breeder will receive 25% of the GOBIS prize money, the owner will receive the other 75%. If the registration is made by the breeder, the breeder will receive 50% of the GOBIS prize money, the owner will receive the other 50%.
  • If the greyhound’s owner and breeder is the same person, then there will be a 50/50 prize money split. To finish the GOBIS registration the registration fee must be paid.
  • After registration is successful the greyhound is indicated in FastTrack pages as registered for GOBIS.
  • An owner or breeder under a ban cannot register a greyhound for GOBIS.
  • An owner or breeder without an active registration cannot register a greyhound for GOBIS.